Full Time Animal Care Specialist
Animal Care follows the standard procedures and policies for routine animal care and other related duties at Friends of Strays Animal Shelter. Animal Care/Facilities Specialists are not limited to the animal care department but assist with all shelter needs this includes Medical, Intake, Foster and Adoptions.
• Cleaning, sanitizing and maintaining kennels.
• Maintains inventory of supplies and reports any needs to Shelter Director.
• Organizes shelter to maintain an appropriate environment for shelter supporters.
• Works with shelter animals on socialization, basic training or behavior needs.
• Assists medical, adoptions and community outreach teams when asked.
• Follows policies and procedures to ensure the best care for our animals.
• Alert the medical team to any animal related concerns.
• File, organize and provide administrative support when asked.
• Work as a team with FOS staff and volunteers.
• Assist in training of new staff and volunteers
• Keep work area neat and clean
• Participate in Staff meetings and training sessions.
• Professional Development
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge or willingness to learn and apply basic methods and procedures of kennel cleaning.
• Animal Handling experience and Customer service experience preferred.
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy workplace environment.
• Requires working alone or with minimal supervision, must be self-motivated.
• Requires patience and tact when working with difficult, emotional or angry people.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.