Full Time Foster Coordinator
The Foster Coordinator is responsible for using Friends of
Works directly with animal care and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Recruits and trains foster care volunteers
• Coordinates movement of shelter animals into foster care
• Works directly with the Medical Team to monitor
• Assists the public in making appropriate adoption matches
• Intake animals
• Provide Finders and Surrendering Owners with the appropriate forms and contracts
• Enter new pets into Pet Point as directed.
• Document personality traits of animals
• Other functions or duties
• Work as a team with FOS staff and volunteers
• Assist in training of new staff and volunteers
• Support FOS at special events when requested
• Participate in Staff meetings and training sessions
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Previous foster care coordinator experience or equivalent work experience desirable
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service or a counseling environment
• Animal Handling experience
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy workplace environment.
• Ability to understand and effectively teach humane animal care and treatment
• Clean driving records with a valid driver’s license.
• Requires working alone or with minimal supervision, must be self-motivated
• Patience and tact when working with difficult, emotional or angry people
• Formal animal handling training
• Experience with Animal Management Software
• Experience with dog and cat playgroups.
• Knowledge of appropriate training methods.
• Knowledge of breed specific characteristics for dogs and cats.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins