Pet Food Pantry
In 2015, we started the Pet Food Pantry as a way of keeping pets in their homes and with their families, instead of in shelters. In our first year, we have been able to offer more than 100,000 pounds of pet food to qualified, low-income families.
What To Do
1. Come to the Adoption Center during open business hours.
2. Follow the paw prints to the Adoption Center door.
3. Each participant will sign in on the food pantry clipboard.
4. Each participant can take up to two 8lb bags of dry dog food and two 8lb bags of dry cat food.
5. Participants can return as often as needed for food (based on availability).
Please do not ask to see adoptable animals, as pet food pantry participants are not allowed to adopt from Friends of Strays.
2911 47th Ave N, St. Petersburg FL 33714
Donations Make This Possible
As a volunteer-run program, all of our pet food is donated to us by members of the community including individuals, local Walmart and Target locations and grants that we are awarded to purchase food. We are only able to continue this program through donations. If you can contribute, please drop off any of the following food during shelter hours.
- Dry Dog Food
- Dry Puppy Food
- Dry Cat Food
- Dry Kitten Food
- Treats Made in the USA
We also accept donations of cash or check, made payable to Friends of Strays Animal Shelter, and mailed to:
Friends of Strays, Inc.
2911 47th Ave N
St. Petersburg, FL 33714